A company file is what QuickBooks uses to manage and store your accounting and payroll data. To add or manage some additional data, but “QuickBooks crashing when opening” the company file. It also interrupts you when you run any operations related to this file.
This unexpected crash of QuickBooks occurs when your company file is damaged, or there might be issues with the QB program. You can experience QB crashes with or without any error message. We are writing this detailed guide to help you find the possible reasons behind this error and the suitable fixes. So, keep reading this guide thoroughly.
If following this guide is hard and you are looking for someone who handles this task on your behalf, dial +1-(855)-955-1942 to connect with experts. The team of QB experts is available to assist you with the best
Why Does QuickBooks Keep Crashing When Opening Company Files?
Let’s get familiar with the reasons why QuickBooks keeps crashing when trying to open the company file.
- Some common network connection issues can be why you are unable to open the company file.
- A damaged or corrupted company file can crash QuickBooks when opening it.
- Your QB program files might get damaged.
You May Also See: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error ps038
Solutions to Troubleshoot the Crashing Issue in QuickBooks Desktop
You must be wondering how you will fix the issues we have discussed above. Don’t worry; below, we have mentioned the suitable solutions you must follow to troubleshoot the QuickBooks crashing issue.
Solution 1: Verify Your Company Data and Rebuild It
Verify your company file data to check whether it’s damaged or not. If your company data is damaged, a rebuilding tool will help you fix these issues.
Step 1: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Close all the open windows and programs on your computer.
- Select the ‘File’ menu in QuickBooks.
- Select ‘Verify Data’ from the dropdown. Now, you’ll see:
- QuickBooks detected no problems with your data – it means your company data is clean and there are no issues.
- Any error message
- Your data has lost integrity – it shows your company file is damaged and needs rebuilding.
Step 2: Rebuild the Damaged Company File Data
- Go to the ‘Utilities’ from the ‘File’ menu and then select Rebuild Data’ from the dropdown.
- Before rebuilding your company file data, QuickBooks will ask you to create a company file backup. Click ‘OK’ as a backup is required before rebuilding your data to keep your data safe and protected.
- Choose the location where you want to save the backup file and click ‘OK.’ Make sure you’re not replacing the already existing backup file. Give this backup a new ‘File Name’ and select ‘Save.’
- Once the rebuild is completed, you will see the ‘Rebuild has completed’ message on your screen.
Solution 2: Fix Common Company File Issues Using the File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor utility helps fix the common network connection and other issues with your company file. So, follow the below steps to run this utility in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Get the Tool Hub and Install It
- Close QuickBooks and other programs open on your computer.
- Go to Intuit’s official site and download the most recent version (126.96.36.199) of Tool Hub. Once the file is downloaded, save it in a location from where you can easily access it.
- Double-tap on the file you just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) to open it.
- Start the installation by following the instructions on your screen and agreeing with the product’s terms and conditions.
- Double-tap the tool hub’s icon to open it.
Step 2: Use the QB File Doctor Utility
- Go to the ‘Company File Issues’ menu and select ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ from the dropdown.
- Now, choose your company file from the dropdown menu. If you didn’t find your file, select ‘Browse and search’ to find your company file.
- Select the middle option as ‘Check your file’ and click ‘Next.’
- To access your company file, enter the admin password and click ‘Next.’
The solutions mentioned in this guide are enough for you to troubleshoot QuickBooks Crashing When Opening a company file issue. However, if QB keeps crashing after following this guide, ensure your QuickBooks program files aren’t damaged. For further help, dial +1-(855)-955-1942 to connect with QB experts and consult them on your issues.