What to Look for in a Life Partner in an Arranged Marriage?
From the moment we are born on this planet to the day we die, the higher power determines every aspect of our life, whether it be God or the universe. Although he planned everything for us according to our previous karmas, we chose where to go. Sometimes, we succeed; sometimes, we fail and choose another direction.
As a teenager, when our emotions are at their peak, we often get attracted to the opposite sex, which is natural for everyone. While some get their partners young, others struggle to find a suitable partner.
I also dreamed about getting a desired partner in school or college, just like everyone else. But hard luck!
However, it is never bad to set yourself up for an arranged marriage because, after all, marriages are a plan of God; it does not matter how they happen. All you need is a successful, happy marriage.
But the question arises: how do you choose someone to spend the rest of your life and have kids with if they are completely unknown to you?
The Anxiety We Face During the Lookout Process
In the event of an arranged marriage, this quest becomes even more challenging because you are getting married to someone who is almost a stranger. Dating often precedes marriage, so knowing how to assess a potential life partner is essential, even if there is still a window of opportunity.
As a human, we are faced with a lot of dilemmas, and we often ask ourselves the following questions such as:
- How would I know if they are the right one for me?
- What should I ask to assess their maturity level?
- What do I need to do to get a sign from the universe if we are meant for each other?
If you often struggle with these questions and swiping left and right on the matrimonial sites, this blog post is for you.
After reading this, you won’t get a life partner immediately, but yes, you would probably be able to clarify your mind with what exactly you are looking for.
4 Elements You Need To Work On Before Finding The Right Match
I understand your urge to find the right partner because no matter how strong or independent you are, the desire for a commitment or a relationship is natural. But before you set yourself up on dating apps or ask your family, friends, or colleague to find a suitable life partner for you, Here’s what you must do then move on to the next step:
A foolproof formula you need to apply to yourself:
- Know exactly what you want: It’s critical to have a precise idea of what you want in a partner before you begin your search. Which values do you uphold? What objectives do you have? What things don’t work for you? Once you know what you want, you can focus your search and stop wasting time on people who aren’t a good fit for you.
- Have an unwavering knowing that it’s meant for you: It all comes down to having faith and trusting that the right person will come at the right time. It’s about not getting desperate or sad and wondering when you will meet the love of your life. If you surround yourself with this certainty, the right people will come into your life.
- Create and inner and outer life for you: Don’t wait for someone else to make you feel whole. Rather, concentrate on building an inner and outside fulfilling life for yourself. This could be engaging in activities that you are passionate about, spending time with loved ones, attending to your bodily and emotional well-being, and growing spiritually.
- Do not be concerned about “when” or “how” they will come into your life: This has to do with surrendering control and having faith in the universe. Worrying about the “when” and “how” leads to resistance and anxiety. Rather, concentrate on being the best version of yourself and leading the best life possible. When you live this way, you will unavoidably draw the right companion into your life.
Hence, turning your attention inward and being conscious first rather than seeking external validation is the first core step you have to take before seeking a relationship.
Once you have started following the above steps, you can move towards the qualities you seek in the right marriage prospective partner.
Tips to choose the right life partner
Finding the right life partner should never come by force, settling for less, or agreeing to what your family finds right, but you don’t. You have to spend your life with them, so choose very carefully.
- Communication style: Effective communication is the foundation of any strong connection. You must always look for a partner who is as direct and honest as you are. Being able to express your needs and wants politely and straightforwardly and being an engaged and sympathetic listener are essential components of effective communication.
- Personality over looks: Physical attraction is vital, but only going for it and attracting a toxic or negative person is useless. You must also look for the personality and character of a person when choosing a life partner for yourself. A lovely face can age, but a kind, wise, and harmonious attitude will make you happy for years. Seek someone who makes you feel loved, appreciated, and supported and who has your sense of humor, morals, and interests.
- Emotional maturity: For a relationship to be successful and last for years, both individuals should be emotionally mature enough to handle conflicts and unexpected difficulties of life. It’s about speaking honestly and freely, controlling emotions, and settling disputes productively. A spouse who has reached emotional maturity will be understanding, accommodating, and prepared to make necessary concessions.
- Life goals: Do you both share the same life goals? Are their goals match with yours? Do not fall for someone who takes your breath away or creates butterflies in your gut in a relationship. Rather, you must look for someone who ignites signs of passion and helps you achieve your goals.
- Interests and values: A connection is held with shared interests and values. You must find a companion who enjoys the same interests, hobbies, and beliefs so you will always get along and won’t fight in such aspects.
- Friendship: A good life partner is also a good friend. Look for someone with whom you can spend time, who makes you laugh, and whom you can rely on for support and counsel. A true life partner values your relationship with others as much as your romantic affection.
- Financial stability: A healthy partnership requires financial security. Discuss your financial goals, spending habits, and debt management tactics openly and honestly. A financially responsible partner will be concerned about your joint financial well-being and will work with you to protect your financial future.
- Family values and respect: Learn about your partner’s family values and how they affect their outlook. Respect their family bonds and traditions, and be willing to accept them as an extension of your own. A family-oriented companion will bring you love, support, and a sense of belonging.
- Do not rush: Finding the ideal life partner takes time, patience, and self-discovery. Don’t hurry into a commitment because you’re afraid of being alone or because of societal expectations. Allow the relationship to evolve naturally, and spend time getting to know and understand the person you’re with.
- Red flags: If something is bothering you or you are not finding it appropriate, be clear about it. Ignoring red flags at first just because you see the potential in them or your family thinks they are the one for you can be really bad for you, and then all you would do is regret your decision for your whole life.
Choosing a life partner for yourself can be daunting at first, but settling for less or ignoring red flags can hamper your happiness for life. Thus, you need to find a partner who will not be your happiness but add to your existing happiness. As you know and learn more about yourself on your self-discovery journey, be committed to being the one you seek in others.
Wishing you good luck!