The dental industry has grown dramatically in recent years. The use of the latest equipment and advanced technologies has made it possible for the dentist to perform various complexities with ease. Invisalign has been in good popularity for your crowded or misaligned teeth. The major benefit of undergoing this procedure is that you can attain straighter teeth and boost your confidence level. As these customized retainers do not get in the way of your overall appearance. This device has become very popular among adults. Whether you are a new Invisalign user or want to undergo this treatment. Here are 9 effective tips in Invisalign so that you can get the most out of it.
- You should drink water only – This should be your first tip at the time of undergoing Invisalign treatment. You should not drink anything other than water with your aligners on. Having sugary drinks causes tooth decay but drinking tea, coffee, and soda will stain retainers in due course. Orthodontists suggest taking out the braces when drinking water.
- Brushing teeth is very important – If you are wearing Invisalign braces. Then brushing your teeth twice a day is extremely important. You need to remove them when brushing, flossing, eating, and drinking. Though this is quite convenient, many patients forget they should do proper maintenance of their braces. Brushing teeth after each meal lessens any food particles that can probably lead to tooth decay.
- Chewy foods are your true friend – If you wear Invisalign, then you should be aware chewy foods are a good choice. Orthodontists who suggest these aligners discuss the benefits of foods such as sugar-free chewing gum. They clean teeth after taking a meal and are a great choice to keep aligners in place.
- Wear aligners for 20-22 hours daily – Another benefit of wearing Invisalign is you can take them off at the time of eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Make sure you wear them for at least 20-22 hours to get the most desired results from the treatment. The 2-4 hours of freedom may be quite tempting and you should not remove braces than that time.
- Hold on to your old braces – You should store your previous set of braces safely in a container. This is because there is the possibility that the new set may break or lose. In the case such a thing happens, you will at least be able to use the last set of aligners to continue with the treatment process.
- Babies nail clippers and nail filers – It is very easy for the gums to become sore when you undergo Invisalign treatment for the first time. These are generally accustomed to the new device though additional plastic rubs against your gums which lead to some kind of irritation. If you are dealing with this, then you need to fix an appointment to get a trim. You may even try to file down faulty areas though this is not suggested for the ones having heavy hands.
- Keep your aligner cases safely – Though the braces are extremely durable. It is important you keep them in your case after use. Once you get accustomed to these braces, you may hastily put them in the pocket. Though the braces are sturdy, they are quite sensitive unless you store them safely. Also, you should never leave them in the car. As they are highly prone to melting and cannot withstand higher temperatures.
- Search for a reliable dentist – You will find many orthodontists provide discounts and offers on the Invisalign treatment from time to time. This can lead to high costs in the long run. It is advisable that you go through online reviews carefully. Also speak with others who have already undergone such treatments in the past. Invisalign is a suitable method for correcting teeth problems. And finding a reliable dentist is important to perform the treatment successfully.
- Wear your viveras properly – Once you are done with Invisalign treatment, it might be alluring not to think about post-care. The dentist suggests wearing some kind of retainer like Viveras usually formed from the last set of aligners though made of thick material. With Viveras, you can wear them full time for at least 6 months after your treatment and then wear it during the night time only. There is a possibility that these retainers will wear down and you need to order another set. But if you insist on wearing metal retainers .You might want to know that sometimes the teeth shift with these kinds of retainers.
Thus, you will have to get in touch with a trusted invisalign provider in London who can help to straighten your crooked or misaligned teeth. He will also give effective tips to clean your braces and maintain them so that you can complete the treatment successfully.